Thursday, October 9, 2008

Allow me to introduce myself...

The name's Candise. I'm 19 years old. I'm Jewish, Spanish, Russian, Italian & lastly Filipino. I was born in the Philippines but migrated to San Diego when I was 1 years old. My mom & dad got a divorce when I was 5 years old. I went to school in the Philippines for the 1st & 2nd grade, then I moved here in honolulu. I've been livin' in Kalihi eva since. I'm currently livin' wit' my boyfriend in this crazy house. I have a dog named Ziggy that I love so much. He's def my happiness when shit hits the fan. I have 3 half sisters. I work at Aldo & Fitted. I might be one of the only few people to say I love my jobs & those I work wit'. My mom lives 2 streets away wit' her boyfriend & my two younger sisters. I'm finally learnin' the meaning of hard work & independance. I've neva worked so hard in my life, I tell ya this.

Everythin' was always handed down to me. I had everythin' I wanted when I wanted it. My mom didn't know the meanin' of love. She knew money & she knew it well. She splurged when it came to my toys & clothes. She was neva there to help wit' homework, read me bedtime stories or bring me to the park. My mother was & still is the biggest hustla I know. Let's not get shit twisted people. Bein' a hustla doesn't necessarily mean you're a drug dealer or a hooker. My mom was neither of those. She just had her ways. Growin' up I didn't have a father. He was always in my heart & I always hoped one day he & my mom would reconsider this seperation & get back together. Growin' up..my mom & I became more & more distant. I got older basically & I was tired of her shit. I relied on my friends to help me keep my mind off of shit that was goin' on at home. My mom was neva proud of me. Everythin' I did was useless to her. It makes me cry just thinkin' about the past. I'm grown now. I don't live wit' her but I see her a couple times a week. Our relationship is much better 'cuz we don't live together. But if there's one thing I can say proudly is that my mom neva let me rot. Somehow, someway she would still provide for me. I've finally accepted the fact that my mother wasn't perfect. She was a terrible mother to me but there's def worse out there. She's not your ideal mother you see like Mrs. Cleaver but she tried to straighten out her life. I know she tried. I love her very much & I don't wanna take her for granted anymore. It's time to release the bad & get on wit' the good.


2 comments:

K. said...

Aw, I'm glad you and your mom are on good terms! I didn't know that you moved to Desmond's house?!

Anonymous said...

No doubt ma, sincere apologies for the absent credit. Diggin it though, and your style is sick.

Take care-